Sunday, November 16, 2008

We interrupt your previous scheduled knitting to bring you

Christmas knitting. Which is what I'll be doing for the next few weeks. I'm hoping to have it all done before December. Very optimistic of me huh? I'm only knitting for my parents so it shouldn't be that bad. Right? Never mind, don't tell me.
For my mother, I'm making a pair of socks
, a pair of mittens or fingerless gloves, and maybe a hat or scarf. Dad is getting a felted fedora (the pattern is from folk hats), a remote cozy, and a felted lunch bag. Also I'm making a bathmat (shower mat really, since it's for the shower). I can do all that. Right? Again, don't tell me.
Here's the sock so far. the yarn is Opal rain forest, color is lilly, I think.
PB161232

The needles are 2 mm, size 0. If you didn't know, 2mm needles are very pointy and sharp. How do I know this? Let me show you.
first knitting injury

My first knitting related injury! I sat down and the needle scraped my foot. It looks worse then it is. It's just a scratch, but my camera makes it looks worse.
I did manage to spin up a small batt I got as a sample from flawful fibers. I borrowed a Jesh spindle from my mom and did this in about an hour.
PB101139
I'm going to use it in a pair of fingerless mitts in some fair isle.
Miss Marple, it seems, can't wait for her first christmas here.
PB121193
She was very pissed at me after I took that, but really, how cute is she?

2 comments:

  1. Love the optimistic projects and wish you luck! :)
    The spinning looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete