Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Distractions

On Friday, I sprained my ankle. So I spent Saturday bumming around and knitting mostly. Then Sunday night, my mom came home from the grocery store and asked me to put the cold stuff away. I went out the kitchen and was going to put the bag on the stove to unpack it, went to move a muffin tin (which had held pineapple upside down muffins) and knocked a bowl over. It fell, shattered and slashed my foot. Blood started gushing (ok, maybe not gushing but it was a lot of blood) and I was bleeding everywhere all over the kitchen. The stove was a nice bright red. I thought I was going to have to ER but thankfully, after a while it stopped bleeding. Now (over 2 day later) it's mostly stopped (just a tad on the band-aid every once in a while) unless I do something stupid like get up to pee and then it bleeds a bit more. It also hurts like hell. Only I could do something so klutzy. In case you have a morbid curiousity about what it looks like, you can click here and be grossed out. And this all means that, unfortunately, I can't make it to MSW. I'm so upset but I know if I did go, I would be in so much pain.
To keep my mind off of my sprained and gashed foot ( also not going to msw, swine flu (someone in the completely pointless and arbitrary group on rav that it's really a cover-up for zombies, which amuses me so much) getting everything planted in time, and a ton of other things) I've been knitting on 2 main things. The first one is a handspun (the big top I spun) Shawl. It's dead easy and totally mindless.
P4282007
I've knit 2 skeins and have one more to go. Of course, it's 90 degrees so I really don't have much need for a wool shawl. This is why snow beats heat anytime in my book. The other thing is an entrelac scarf.
The yarn is an Easter gift and it's Zauberball, which is very nice. I can't wait to make socks out of it sometime.
P4282003
this is first venture into entrelac and it won't be the last. It's addicting. You keep saying to yourself "just one more square one more, this is the last" and before you know it, you've done 2 rows of squares. Which may or may not be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Your entrelac is beautiful. I made a huge one for my dte in Noro & shades of black,gray, browns, rusts etc. It was wonderful to make - you're right-totally addictive, but she's 23 & loves it - wears it belted, tossed over her shoulder etc. You're going to love it. As soon as I can figure out the pix thing, I'll post it. Are you in the Phat Fiber group? My baby blog is there & I'm working on it & flicker for my FOs. Good luck with your scarf.

    ReplyDelete