Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Scones

A while ago, while I was in my knitting slump, I cast on for Toast, hoping to get my mojo back. It didn't work (or if it did, it was a month or so late). But I picked it up yesterday, and fell in love. I finished the first one, and cast on for the second right away. In a few hours, I had Scones. I think the main reason I love it is the yarn. If I could, I would marry this yarn and make babies with it. Of course, it's malabrigo. You know what yarn should make babies with malabrigo? Noro. How amazing would that be? I got the yarn at Stitches um... 2? years ago. It was FREE! The malabrigo people were handing it out so I somehow wound up with 3 skeins of worsted in red and 2 of lace in a tan. One of the red I made into a foliage hat and the other one I'm thinking about making into a cowl.
P9021013
Size 8 needles and I cast on 38 stitches. I really love this and would make another pair. Mindless knitting at it's best.
P9021012
This is me trying to do that twilight apple in hand shot. I had no apple, so I used the closest thing. A small dog.
P9021016


In other news, Rhinebeck is getting closer. So I decided to have my scarf finished by then. I still have 2 more skeins to go. I have also decided I'm insane.
P9021018

No comments:

Post a Comment