Friday, December 4, 2009

It's the final countdown!

Holy crap it's December! You know what means. It's time to start freaking out about whether or not you'll be able to finish everything in time. And cookies. December is the month when the most cookies are baked! (I totally just made that up, but it feels true to me) For Christmas, I'm knitting 4 things. For my Mom, Endpaper Mitts and a pair of twinkletoes which I finished!! Well, mostly anyway. I just need to crochet a strap (I chose to make them like Mary-Janes) and sew on some buttons. For my Dad, a pair of knucks and a Bokaclava. I showed my parents a photo of the bokaclava, saying that it kinda freaked me out, (my friend and I agreed, it was the eye slits) and as soon as my Dad saw it, he said " Cool! Can you make me one?". This was the first time he ever asked for something, so I figured why not. He puts up with my fiber habit, he jokes that a drug habit would have been cheaper, and he's going to build me a lazy kate. And he loves the handknits I make for him. He wears the hat I made him for his birthday all the time. Which brings me to why I'm not knitting on any of the Christmas gifts.
Dad's birthday is in 12 days and I've been planning on knitting him a hat. In fingering weight. GAH. I'm convinced I can make it because I've knit a pair of socks in less then two days, so a hat should go fast too. I hope.
I finally got my Sexy space aliens skeined up, and I couldn't be happier with it! The roving came from The flying ewe on Etsy, it was 4 ounces of Corriedale.
il_430xN.52667003
I tried to not over twist the singles so that when I chain plied it, it would be rather soft. When I was spinning it up, I was worried the finished yarn would be mostly green and purple. But I was pleasantly surprised at how it came out.
PC011179
It's about a dk/sport, and 240 yards. I think it's destined to become a hat and maybe a pair of mitts.
PC011193

1 comment: