Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two shawls

I finished these last year, but I just now got around to blocking them. What, me, procrastinate?! never;)
Viola. Named after Holden's sister in Catcher in the Rye, which I love, but some people hate.


I used Lime and violet in Loop riot. I loved it, it didn't pool, and really showed off the pattern. The whole thing makes me happy just looking at it.



I used US 6's. and if I remember correctly, I was worried about running out of yarn, so I only did three lace repeats.



Smashed Daffodils



From start to finish, I was head over heels with this project. The yarn, which was locally dyed, was so BRIGHT and happy, it really is this yellow and green. The pattern, my first from Stephan west, was a pleasure to make, and I plan to make another Pogana.


I love how it gets more green bits in it towards the end. After blocking, it sits so well on my shoulders.
Tomorrow is my mom's *mumblemuble* birthday, and I had to planned on knitting her a shawl (no where near done) and a pair of socks, which, sadly, were WAY too big. So I had to frog it, and I'm back knitting the toe. I'm (insanely stupidly) hoping to somehow finish them before tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love your shawls! And I too am a fan of Catcher in the Rye. Great book! :)

    ReplyDelete