Saturday, April 6, 2013

The butler did it!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio silence. It has been a really stressful and busy week here at Ktblandia (I even have a flag). Filled with Er visits (two), blown tires (one), a shattered plate, and some really interesting (and painful) bruises.
So, it's been the opposite of fun. And I didn't really get much done, knitwise, or reading. I did read the last book in the Dark Rising book and loved it.
Today, I managed to get some shots of the Joji mystery knit shawl, Echoes of Colour. I had a blast making this, the pattern and all the yarns were a joy with work with. On rav here!

Yarns: Bah La Jolla, I used two skeins in Flamingo Pink. I can not wait to use this yarn again. It's so squishy and OMG the pinkness is stunning.
Done Roving Frolicking Feet, one skein in Southwest Gem. I admit, I was on the fence about using this one. In the skein, it had some variegation, and I was worried it would detract from the shawl. As you can see, I was (quite happily) proved wrong, and I truly love this whole line of yarn. Amazing colours, INSANE amounts of yardage (480 yards for about $21), and it's a great yarn.
Socktopus Sokkusu Original, one skein, in lime and basil. This yarn was a tad thinner then the others, but you can't tell. The colour, just amazing, so intense. Really liked this one! All the yarns were great and not a single one bleed when soaked. Talk about amazing.


I did have one mod to the pattern. I made the large, and ran out of the blue, so I only had enough yarn for one stripe at the top, but I looked at other projects, and I prefer the one stripe. So that worked out in my favour!

this thing is huge, and I just love it so so much! It matches pretty much everything I own, and it looks stunning! Except when I make this face....

No comments:

Post a Comment