Sunday, March 15, 2009

This post is full of awesomeness

I finished my stripey pink socks!
P3141960
Pattern: Wendy's toe up, but I fudged it a lot. 36 stitches around, and then I started increasing 2 stitched every 4 rounds 9 times.
Needles: size 7 knitpicks options, I magic looped it
Yarn: Cascade 220. I forget the name of the colors. I just call it light pink and dark pink. P3141958


I knit the toe and heel in the dark pink and the ribbing in the light pink. The stripes are 2 rows each. They are so warm. I had to take them off my feet were so hot. P3141959

I had a few people tell me that toe-ups are evil and horrid. THEY LIED!!!! I loved making them. In fact, I'm planning on making another pair using my handspun. This handspun
P3141922

I'm calling it Winter's End. I took this (in Northern Lights)and spun singles
P3111905
Which I plied to this

P3141937

It's around a thick fingering. It took me a little bit to get used to the Targhee. I might have insulted it's mother quite a few times getting used to it. Compared to other wools, it has a lot more sproingyness is the only word I can think of. I adored spinning it and will definitely spin targhee again.

No comments:

Post a Comment