Tuesday, March 31, 2009

W.C. Fields

Yesterday, we had a tornado. Well, not here, but around this area. Roofs were ripped off, trees plucked out of the ground. the sky was green, there was hail. It was awesome. While most sane people (which we all know I am not) would be inside, I was outside (under the pavilion, I'm not THAT insane) watching the lighting and rain. After the storm was over, I took this photo. It's all the hail.

P3292000
Last Saturday was my mother's birthday. I decided to spin and knit her something
W.C. Fields
P3211993
P3212030
Pattern: Chickadee cowl
Mods: Not much. I just knit about 5 inches instead of the 6 that were called for
Needles: 10 1/2.
Yarn: Twilight Purple my handspun. I bought the fiber here and then spun it up hoping for a bulky malabrigo softness kind of yarn. Which I think I got. I double plied it so it wouldn't pill as much. I only used 2 ounces of fiber, so I still have another 2 to spun up. P3211999

I'm rather bad at keeping secrets, but I somehow managed to keep this from her. I loved this patten and will definitely be making it again. It only took a few hours and was pretty mindless.

1 comment: