Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ovid's

I couldn't think of a name for my socks when I first started them, so I went and did one of those random name generators. Ovid came up. Publius Ovidius Naso (20 March 43 BC – AD 17 or 18), known as Ovid in the English-speaking world, was a Roman poet who wrote about love, seduction, and mythological transformation. While reading more about him, I read this quote from him, which is fast becoming one of favorites. "Time, the devourer of all things".
PB111103
I love this pattern. I found it to be really fun and not completely mindless. I could watch movies and still knit on it.
PB111105
Ovid
Pattern: Charades
Yarn: Austermann Step, I don't know the color way
Needles: 2.75mm
Mods~ I knit the heel flap for 15 rows (30 really) and therefore, only picked up 15 stitches on each side. Since I knit the sock using Magic Loop, and I was too lazy to figure it out, I changed the toe to what I consider my normal toe (k1 k2tog knit across to last 3 on needle, ssk k1 and the repeat on the other needle) until I had 28 stitches. .
PB111102
I've used this yarn before and I really love it. It's so soft and yummy. And when you're knitting with it, I think it makes your hand softer. Out of so many commercial yarns, it has to be one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment